Thursday, October 31, 2013

Bento Theme: Halloween


HAPPY HALLLOOWWWEEEENNN!!!
Finally I can stop hearing "mom, mom, mom, mom how many more days until Halloween?" Now onto "mom, mom, mom, mom, how many more days until Christmas?" Yeah, we skip Thanksgiving cause ain't nobody got time for that (especially six year old girls). Besides, what do you receive on Thanksgiving? Thanks? Psh, #BORING. 

What better way to celebrate Halloween than with a nicely crafted bento? We were supposed to go to Sea World on Sunday but we had gone to a fall carnival the night before an were just too tired to go. We told Ellie it was raining at Sea World. Yeah, I know, we are terrible. We told her we would do our best to make it up to her. So, at 9am on Sunday morning, we went to the Alamo Drafthouse to catch Hotel Transylvania. The movie was playing free as part of their Alamo Kids Camp. I had actually never seen the movie but Ellie had. She reminds me a lot of my brother. She quotes every part of the movie and cackles so loud like she was hearing the punch line for the very first time. Oh boy that girl is so special. 

So anyway, this bento was inspired by Hotel Transylvania. 

Some Dracula teeth made of apple slices, peanut butter, and marshmallows, a haunted forest of delicious broccoli, the moon glowing atop a blueberry night sky and some mummy dogs. I also threw in some orange colored mango greek yogurt. 
I always find myself pulling out this particular bento box when I am doing a themed bento. I guess I like the white backdrop. However, I noticed this time around that it is huge, especially for a six year old. In fact, I remembered while making this bento that I had initially purchased it in hopes of making the mister some bentos. Oh well!


Before I sign off, I have a confession. I am currently listening to Miley Cyrus' new album "Bangerz" and it is so bad. So bad it might be good? At least good enough for some early am workouts. Actually I take that back, its so bad that it is just straight up bad. No excuses Miley, no excuses. 

XOXO,
Mexican Marta

1 comment:

  1. The teeth are my favorite. I bet Ellie's classmates all gather around her every day to see what she brought for lunch, she's a lucky little girl.

    ReplyDelete